Skip to: categories | main content

Mouse & Trowel: And the Nominees Are...

Trackbacks

The voting lines are open
The nominations are in and voting lines are now openfor the Inaugural Mouse & Trowel Gardening Awards. I was a little shocked to see Gardening Tips 'n' Ideas feature for not only one, but two categories; Most Innovative Blog;...
Weblog: Gardening Tips 'n' Ideas
Tracked: Apr 15, 18:08

Comments
Display comments as (Linear | Threaded)

Ellis Hollow said,

Sunday, April 15. 2007 at 10:29 (Link) (Reply)

Congrats to all the nominees. The recognition is well deserved.

The only problem is, these are all blogs that I'm familiar with. I'd love to have a list of all the nominated blogs and websites to explore some rainy day -- or snowy day as is expected here.
Colleen said,

Sunday, April 15. 2007 at 10:56 (Link) (Reply)

And you will have one :-) That was part of the reason behind these---rewarding quality blogs while learning about deserving, but lesser-known blogs. I'm not surprised this first year that the vast majority of finalists are well-known to most of us bloggers.

There will be a list up of all of the nominees for each category at the end of the voting phase, and after the winners have been announced.

I can tell you that in the eight blogging categories, there were a staggering 106 different garden blogs nominated...some very familiar to me; some not at all. That's a list that will keep you busy for a long, long time :-)
OldRoses said,

Sunday, April 15. 2007 at 14:45 (Link) (Reply)

Great work, Colleen! I see a few blogs not on Garden Voices. I will issue them invites immediately. I can't wait for the complete list of nominees. I'm also sending a link to this page to the management of GardenWeb so they can see how much gardeners value their site.
Kim said,

Sunday, April 15. 2007 at 15:18 (Link) (Reply)

Awesome... I was going to request the same thing that Craig did. I just don't know if I can wait until mid-May, though. Can you just give us a random list without telling everyone in which category everyone was nominated? :-)
Kim said,

Sunday, April 15. 2007 at 15:25 (Link) (Reply)

By the way... the statistician in me would like to know how many total ballots were cast. I've been hoping that you had a great response to this--kind of shows that the garden blogging niche is alive and thriving, you know?
Natalie said,

Monday, April 16. 2007 at 12:07 (Reply)

You do know that now I have a LOT more garden reading to do - this will add a few to my bloglines! Oh well, at least I can look at garden stuff online since all I seem to see outside is snow...
susan harris said,

Monday, April 16. 2007 at 13:45 (Link) (Reply)

Colleen, I'll say it again. You're blogosphere-changing! To see an online community encourage and recognize the work that goes into what we do - well, it's kinda exciting to be a part of. Thanks a million.
Colleen said,

Monday, April 16. 2007 at 14:04 (Link) (Reply)

OldRoses---Great! I know I found several that I wasn't familiar with.

Natalie---The next best thing to actually gardening is reading blogs about gardening. Enjoy!

Susan---I have to say that I was overwhelmed when I read that phrase (blogosphere-changing) on Garden Rant yesterday. I'm still not sure what to say, except "Thank you!" What I do know is that I feel lucky to be a part of this wonderful community, and it makes me happy to see so many great blogs and bloggers get the recognition they deserve.
sandy said,

Thursday, April 19. 2007 at 00:16 (Link) (Reply)

Wow! I have just found out that my blog has been nominated! I'm very flattered!
Colleen said,

Thursday, April 19. 2007 at 07:00 (Link) (Reply)

Sandy---

Maybe we can lure you back into blogging? What do you think? Just a thought.....

Congratulations! The nomination is well deserved...your photos are beautiful.
Dee/reddirtramblings said,

Tuesday, April 15. 2008 at 21:38 (Link) (Reply)

Congratulations to everyone who was nominated. Yea for bloggers everywhere.~~Dee

Enclosing asterisks marks text as bold (*word*), underscore are made via _word_.
Standard emoticons like :-) and ;-) are converted to images.
E-Mail addresses will not be displayed and will only be used for E-Mail notifications

To prevent automated Bots from commentspamming, please enter the string you see in the image below in the appropriate input box. Your comment will only be submitted if the strings match. Please ensure that your browser supports and accepts cookies, or your comment cannot be verified correctly.
CAPTCHA

Submitted comments will be subject to moderation before being displayed.

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/content/r/v/a/rvanderlinden/html/serendipity/include/plugin_api.inc.php on line 562

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/content/r/v/a/rvanderlinden/html/serendipity/plugins/serendipity_event_spartacus/serendipity_event_spartacus.php on line 316

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/content/r/v/a/rvanderlinden/html/serendipity/plugins/serendipity_event_spartacus/serendipity_event_spartacus.php on line 360

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/content/r/v/a/rvanderlinden/html/serendipity/plugins/serendipity_event_spamblock/serendipity_event_spamblock.php on line 451

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/content/r/v/a/rvanderlinden/html/serendipity/plugins/serendipity_event_spamblock/serendipity_event_spamblock.php on line 476

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/content/r/v/a/rvanderlinden/html/serendipity/plugins/serendipity_event_spamblock/serendipity_event_spamblock.php on line 520

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/content/r/v/a/rvanderlinden/html/serendipity/plugins/serendipity_event_spamblock/serendipity_event_spamblock.php on line 819