Skip to: categories | main content

Announcing the 1st Annual "Mouse & Trowel Awards"

Trackbacks

No Trackbacks

Comments
Display comments as (Linear | Threaded)

Pam/Digging said,

Thursday, March 22. 2007 at 10:31 (Link) (Reply)

Wow, Colleen, I like your initiative! Great idea. It will be fun to nominate my favorite garden bloggers. Out of curiosity, is that done confidentially or publicly?

Also, your Mouse and Trowel website looks terrific. Love the name too.
Colleen said,

Thursday, March 22. 2007 at 10:47 (Link) (Reply)

Hi Pam!
Thanks :-) The nominating and voting will be done confidentially. The only one who will know how you voted is me, and that's only because I'm asking for email addresses when you submit your nominations, because I want to limit everyone to only filling out the nomination form one time. I'll be keeping everyone's nominations to myself. If you guys want to tell someone that you nominated them, that's fine, but no one will ever hear a peep from me about who nominated whom :-)

I'm glad you like the name! That was probably the hardest part (for me, anyway) of actually getting this thing off the ground....I wanted a name I could live with year after year. My husband did do an awesome job on the site :-)
Pam/Digging said,

Thursday, March 22. 2007 at 11:07 (Link) (Reply)

Thanks for the additional info. I just gave you a little publicity on my blog. Good luck with the awards! I suspect you'll be very busy sifting through nominations for the next couple of weeks.
Colleen said,

Thursday, March 22. 2007 at 11:25 (Link) (Reply)

Thanks, Pam :-) Hopefully, I'll be very busy sifting through nominations!
Christa said,

Thursday, March 22. 2007 at 14:21 (Link) (Reply)

Great idea, Colleen! Thanks for taking the initiative to start this. It's so often disappointing to see there are no categories for garden blogs in contests and blog directories in general. This will be a fun thing to do and a great way to further build the garden blogging community. Thanks!!
Colleen said,

Thursday, March 22. 2007 at 14:30 (Link) (Reply)

Hi Christa!
I agree---there are so many amazing garden blogs out there that deserve a little recognition! The fun part for me has already been finding out about some blogs I'd never seen before :-)
Malin (Indoor Gardener) said,

Thursday, March 22. 2007 at 15:35 (Link) (Reply)

Great idea! Great Initiative! Great website! This stuff is so good I'm running out of exclamatione marks! :-)
Carol said,

Thursday, March 22. 2007 at 18:33 (Link) (Reply)

I concur, great idea. I'll be checking it out and submiting some nominations. I hope through the process to find even more blogs about gardening to read!
wren said,

Thursday, March 22. 2007 at 19:12 (Link) (Reply)

Super - I like the idea of rewarding good blogs and encouraging bloggers that are otherwise ignored. I also find great new blogs to read among the nominees and winners.
Douglas E. Welch said,

Friday, March 23. 2007 at 00:58 (Link) (Reply)

I only wish there were a garden podcast category. (Pout)

Post notice to A Gardener's Notebook.

Douglas
Colleen said,

Friday, March 23. 2007 at 07:21 (Link) (Reply)

Hi Doug,

Consider them added :-) And thanks for the post on AGN.
Colleen said,

Friday, March 23. 2007 at 07:19 (Link) (Reply)

Malin, Carol, and Wren---
Thank you. I can't wait to see your nominations!

Enclosing asterisks marks text as bold (*word*), underscore are made via _word_.
Standard emoticons like :-) and ;-) are converted to images.
E-Mail addresses will not be displayed and will only be used for E-Mail notifications

To prevent automated Bots from commentspamming, please enter the string you see in the image below in the appropriate input box. Your comment will only be submitted if the strings match. Please ensure that your browser supports and accepts cookies, or your comment cannot be verified correctly.
CAPTCHA

Submitted comments will be subject to moderation before being displayed.

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/content/r/v/a/rvanderlinden/html/serendipity/include/plugin_api.inc.php on line 562

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/content/r/v/a/rvanderlinden/html/serendipity/plugins/serendipity_event_spartacus/serendipity_event_spartacus.php on line 316

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/content/r/v/a/rvanderlinden/html/serendipity/plugins/serendipity_event_spartacus/serendipity_event_spartacus.php on line 360

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/content/r/v/a/rvanderlinden/html/serendipity/plugins/serendipity_event_spamblock/serendipity_event_spamblock.php on line 451

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/content/r/v/a/rvanderlinden/html/serendipity/plugins/serendipity_event_spamblock/serendipity_event_spamblock.php on line 476

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/content/r/v/a/rvanderlinden/html/serendipity/plugins/serendipity_event_spamblock/serendipity_event_spamblock.php on line 520

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/content/r/v/a/rvanderlinden/html/serendipity/plugins/serendipity_event_spamblock/serendipity_event_spamblock.php on line 819